These are one of the easiest cookies you’ll ever make and there’s no baking involved. What could be easier than that? It only takes gingersnaps, Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses, vanilla candy coating and cinnamon to make these yummy sandwich cookies. That’s right…just 4 ingredients! After I bought a bag of pumpkin spice kisses and popped the first one in my mouth, I just knew I had to come up with a recipe using these sweet bites of bliss! The creative gears started turning….do I make cookies, bars or some other sweet treat? I decided to start with ready-made gingersnaps, which I was certain would be the perfect cookie to combine with the pumpkin kisses. Once I coated the cookies in the candy coating, sprinkled them with cinnamon and then waited for the coating to set, I knew this was a winner after my first bite. In fact, they’re kind of addictive! Don’t blame me if you can’t stay out of them.
You better grab a bag or two of the pumpkin spice kisses before they’re all gone since they’re only out for the fall. I need to head back out to Target for some more…hope I’m not too late!
Yield: 36 cookies
- 72 gingersnap cookies (mine measured about 1 3/4 inches across)
- 36 Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 (24 oz.) package vanilla candy coating
- Place 6 to 8 cookies on a plate bottom side up and place a kiss in the middle of each cookie. Microwave on High for 30 to 40 seconds just until kisses are softened.
- Carefully top each cookie with another cookie (bottom side on top of kiss) and press down gently until the kiss filling is just to the edges. Place on wax paper.
- Repeat procedure until all sandwich cookies are made. Let cookies set until kiss filling has firmed up (1 to 2 hours).
- Place candy coating in large microwave-safe bowl and melt in microwave following directions on package. One cookie at a time, place in melted candy coating (cookie side down). Move cookie around a little to coat the bottom and then turn over with a fork. Carefully spoon candy coating on other half and down sides to cover cookie completely. Lift out with fork and place on wax paper. You may have some candy coating left depending on how heavily you coat the cookies.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie (I used a sieve for a light dusting of cinnamon). Let cookies set until candy coating has hardened.