Peanut Butter & Chocolate fans take note – these cookies are addictive! The chocolate kiss actually bakes inside the cookie and they look like little mountains. They are especially hard to resist when warm. I let them cool for about 10 minutes before indulging, but Mr. C (Mr. Chocoholic…aka my hubby) likes them the minute they come out of the oven. I have to remind him that the chocolate is still HOT, but that’s the way he likes them!
These cookies are a much-loved favorite of family and friends. A former co-worker passed on this recipe many years ago and I’ve been making them ever since. Make a batch today and see how fast they disappear! Happy Baking!
Yield: 48 cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 48 chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine shortening, sugars, salt and egg; mix well. Blend in peanut butter.
- Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl; stir together well. Add to peanut butter mixture; mix well.
- Shape dough into small balls (slightly larger than chocolate kiss) and place kiss in the middle. Wrap dough completely around kiss (forming “mound”).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool for 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.