Sweet potatoes, peaches and pecans, oh my! Can you get anymore southern than this? Every bite of this cake is a taste of the south in your mouth. I originally created this cake using peach preserves and decided to add fresh peaches this time. I’m so glad I did as this new addition brought it over the top! The flavors in this cake may remind you of fall, but the peaches add a touch of summer. After one whiff, you’ll be ready to dig right in. The cake is so moist and scrumptious. Caution – it may not last long. Let me put it this way…my cake plate had to be washed after just one day!
This is a great cake to make for just about any type of get-together or to have around the house to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings. It would also be a wonderful addition to a Thanksgiving feast (Mmm sweet potatoes in a cake – now that’s what I’m talking about). Just give me a cup of coffee and I could eat this for breakfast!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups grated peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 to 5 teaspoons peach nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, orange juice, canola oil, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, peaches, peach preserves, pecans and toffee bits. Stir until well combined (batter will be thick). Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Place cake, fluted side up, on wire rack to finish cooling. Place cooled cake on serving plate.
- Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl and blend until smooth, adding enough peach nectar for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake and let stand for 20 minutes or until set.