It’s no secret that I’m a white chocolate fanatic. If I see anything made with white chocolate on a restaurant dessert menu or it’s served at any food gathering, that’s all she wrote…I don’t need to look any further! So, with that being said, don’t be surprised when you find white chocolate showing up occasionally (or maybe I should say frequently) in my recipes!
I wanted to make a quick bar cookie the other day and began looking through the pantry to see what I had on hand. As soon as I saw the white chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips, the gears started turning. Then I found the honey roasted cashews…oh yum! I figured this would be just about perfect. It took no time at all to put this together and into the oven the pan went. I waited “patiently” to see how this new creation would turn out. Once the bars were cool enough to cut and I took my first bite, I knew I had a keeper.
Just so you know, the thought crossed my mind to drizzle the bars with melted white chocolate and/or peanut butter chips; however, since family and friends liked them just the way they were, I decided to leave well enough alone!
As a side note, I used to buy white chocolate chips (not vanilla chips like you find in the grocery store) at Wal-Mart (their brand), but they apparently quit making them within the last couple of years. I then had to get a white chocolate baking bar and chop it up whenever I wanted it in a recipe. I was thrilled when I discovered white chocolate chunks at Whole Foods a few months ago….it’s made me one happy baker!!!
Yield: 16 bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup chopped honey roasted cashews
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars using a wooden spoon. Add egg and vanilla; stir well. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in white chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips and honey roasted cashews. Press dough in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 23 to 27 minutes or until top is light golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Place pan on wire rack to cool completely (about 1 hour, 15 minutes). Cut into 16 bars.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.