I participated in the Great American Bake Sale a few months ago with local food bloggers to benefit Share Our Strength. Even though other goodies had been made the night before the bake sale, I decided at the last minute to make just one more thing the day of the event. Here I was, a few hours before the bake sale was to start, creating a new recipe with hopes that it would turn out! I waited with anticipation while the cookies were baking and sweet smells drifted through the house. Let me tell you that once the cookies came out of the oven, I knew I had a keeper! The “surprise” combination of the candy and cereal is just so yummy! Of course, anything with white chocolate is a winner in my book!
By the way, after the cookies cooled, I was in a whirlwind getting everything ready for the bake sale! I still had to put all the treats in bags and label everything before leaving, but I made it just in time and was on my way. The bake sale was a big success and we raised over $1300 for a good cause!
Yield: 36 cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 bars (1.55 oz. each) white chocolate candy with chocolate cookie bits, unwrapped, finely chopped (Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme candy bar)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cookie mix, butter and egg; stir until soft dough forms. Stir in chopped candy and cereal.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.