I participated in the Great American Bake Sale a few months ago with local food bloggers to benefit Share Our Strength. Even though other goodies had been made the night before the bake sale, I decided at the last minute to make just one more thing the day of the event. Here I was, a few hours before the bake sale was to start, creating a new recipe with hopes that it would turn out! I waited with anticipation while the cookies were baking and sweet smells drifted through the house. Let me tell you that once the cookies came out of the oven, I knew I had a keeper! The “surprise” combination of the candy and cereal is just so yummy! Of course, anything with white chocolate is a winner in my book!
By the way, after the cookies cooled, I was in a whirlwind getting everything ready for the bake sale! I still had to put all the treats in bags and label everything before leaving, but I made it just in time and was on my way. The bake sale was a big success and we raised over $1300 for a good cause!
Yield: 36 cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 4 bars (1.55 oz. each) white chocolate candy with chocolate cookie bits, unwrapped, finely chopped (Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme candy bar)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cookie mix, butter and egg; stir until soft dough forms. Stir in chopped candy and cereal.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.