Do you stock up on buy one-get one free deals at the grocery store? I sure do and especially when a coupon can be used at the same time! Don’t we all love a bargain? This new cookie recipe came into play when Craisins were buy one-get one. I usually buy just the Craisins to use in salads and other recipes, but last time I decided to get the Cranberry & Chocolate Trail Mix too. I had the idea for these cookies back when I was baking my treats for the Great American Bake Sale, but time got the best of me and I wasn’t able to make them.
Let me tell you how these cookies went over at my house when I finally made them this past weekend. When Mr. C (Mr. Chocoholic…aka my hubby) found out these cookies weren’t leaving the house for some special occasion, he was a happy man. He ate two at first, then another and another. I thought he was done after he’d consumed 5 and put the lid on the container. Well, lo and behold, the next thing I knew, he was back into them again. That’s 6 in one day and they are more than a two-bite cookie. Now mind you, in his defense, this was within the span of several hours, but still y’all…I don’t think my waistline could handle that many in one day!
The trail mix (dried cranberries, chocolate chips, peanuts, almonds and cashews) combined with the vanilla chips and coconut gives you a burst of flavor in each bite. Since the nuts are left whole in these cookies, you might get a cashew in one bite, almond in another and peanut in another. Bake a batch today and see how quickly the cookie monsters at your house grab them up! Happy Baking!
Yield: 29 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 (5 oz.) packages Ocean Spray Craisins Cranberry & Chocolate Trail Mix
- 3/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried finely shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend well with wire whisk or fork.
- In large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla; beat on low to medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture while beating until well blended. Stir in trail mix, vanilla chips and coconut.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.*
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 3 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely.
*I use a spring-handled scoop that measures 1 7/8 inches across the top to scoop and drop these cookies.
Welcome to Simply Southern Baking. I’m Robin, the girl behind the recipes wishing I had more time to spend in the kitchen!
Never miss out on a recipe or post. Enter your email to subscribe.