I can just hear y’all saying “What?” This is the comment I hear most often when I tell people about this recipe who have never had it before. That’s right…sweet nachos for dessert! It’s quite a different twist don’t you think?
This is a pretty easy recipe to make and is oh sooo good! Let me warn you that this can be a bit messy to eat, but it’s definitely worth it. You should have seen us trying to scoop it up and keep everything on top of each sweet nacho chip. We were standing over the kitchen counter to keep from dropping crumbs on the floor…it was really comical and we were laughing as we kept reaching for another and another! I should have used a bigger platter to spread everything out more but couldn’t switch to another one once I started the layering (oh well, next time).
I had to work fast to photograph this once I put the whipped cream on top before it started deflating (speaking of the whipped cream, I may have gone a little overboard on that…yes, no, maybe?). It was snap, snap, snap! OK, time to dig in!
As soon as you finish making this recipe, you need to serve it right away. It doesn’t keep well in the refrigerator as the chips will turn soft. Just make sure you have enough sweet tooth fans who will finish this off in a hurry. Hey, if you have a big crowd, you might even need to make two! Let me know what the reaction is the first time you serve this. It’s sure to make an impression.
Yield: 8 servings (3 nachos each)
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch pan size)*
- Eggs, water and oil called for on brownie mix
- 6 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping
- Aerosol whipped cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix and bake brownies as instructed on box in 8 x 8-inch or 9 x 9-inch pan. Cool completely.
- Keep oven heated at 350 degrees F. Spray large jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Place sugar in round 8-inch cake pan. Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place tortillas in pan, one at a time, and coat with sugar on both sides. Cut each sugar coated tortilla into 4 equal pie-shaped wedges. Place wedges on sprayed pan in a single layer (some edges may slightly overlap). Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until edges turn light golden brown. Cool completely.
- To assemble nachos, arrange baked tortilla wedges on a large serving plate or platter (some edges may overlap). Crumble brownies evenly over top of tortilla wedges. Spoon strawberries evenly on top of crumbled brownies.
- Place hot fudge topping in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 25 to 35 seconds until melted and drizzling consistency. Drizzle over top of strawberries.
- Top nachos with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
*I used Duncan Hines Double Fudge Decadent Brownie Mix
Source: My original recipe
Welcome to Simply Southern Baking. I’m Robin, the girl behind the recipes wishing I had more time to spend in the kitchen!
Thanks for dropping by! Feel free to join the discussion by leaving comments and stay updated by subscribing below.