After whipping up my White Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream last month, thoughts of different flavor combinations have been tumbling around in my head. The possibilities seem endless…and since no-churn ice cream is a breeze to make, that’s enough reason for me to keep on making more!
Lemon sandwich cookies, toasted coconut and lemon extract were already a must for this new ice cream, but I still wondered what else could be added for some extra pizazz. Then I remembered an unopened jar of lemon curd from Trader Joe’s sitting in the pantry. I opened the jar and dipped my spoon in for just a taste. Mmmm…that’s it! OK, we’re onto something here. When the toasted coconut came out of the oven, the most awesome aroma starting drifting through the house…like we were at some tropical island bakery. As soon as all these yummy ingredients were combined, I just had to lick the spoon (admit it, you’ve done that a time or two). Hold me back y’all…I could have eaten a bowl of this right away! You’ll be happy to know that I did manage to resist the urge though and put it in the freezer before changing my mind (but I still kept licking the spoon).
This is my new favorite ice cream (for now anyway…until I come up with more flavors). Give it a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy this cool and creamy summer treat!
Yield: Makes 2 quarts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed lemon cream sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, toasted*
- In large bowl, beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon curd, lemon extract and vanilla extract; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in crushed cookies and toasted coconut. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour ice cream into 2-quart container. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or until firm.**
*To toast coconut, spread on large ungreased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
**Ice cream may not be as firm as ready-made ice cream from the grocery store.
If desired, garnish each serving with additional toasted coconut and whole lemon cream sandwich cookie.
Adapted from a basic no-churn vanilla ice cream recipe.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.