Do you ever find yourself with a taste for apple pie but really don’t have the time to make it (or better yet, the willpower to wait for a pie to cool)? What if you could duplicate that taste in an easy to make cookie and add toffee to boot? Then look no further…these cookies just might satisfy your craving to a T! As these cookie bites start with a sugar cookie mix, you’ll have these babies in the oven in no time at all. Once the cookies have cooled and the glaze is set, it’s time to enjoy these sweet bites of apple pie bliss!
I created this recipe last year for the Great American Bake Sale but baked it in a tart pan and cut the cookies into wedges. I’ve been planning to make these again in miniature muffin tins as the wedges wanted to crumble when cutting (guess the apples made it too moist…not a bad thing, huh?). I added the glaze for a little something extra (doubly good since there is apple pie spice in the cookies and the glaze).
Happy Baking my friends!
Yield: 45 cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix (Betty Crocker)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apples*
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 1/2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine cookie mix and 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice; blend well. Add butter and egg; stir until soft dough forms. Stir in dried apples and toffee bits.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place in ungreased nonstick miniature muffin cups and press to cover bottom of cup.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; place on wire rack. Cool completely; about 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookie bites; let stand until glaze is set.
*To easily cut dried apples, snip with kitchen scissors into small pieces.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.