When I discovered White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter a few months back, I knew it was going to be the beginning of something sweet. I kept eyeing it on my trips to the grocery store and finally the urge to buy it won out. It sat on my shelf for a time until I decided what kind of sweet treat to make first. I just knew I’d be in trouble when I opened it…and I was right! Oh my goodness…this stuff is addictive for sure!
Anyway, I remembered a peanut butter brownie recipe I used to make that I’d clipped from some magazine years ago (I didn’t note where it was from). I decided to tweak it a little for this recipe and am so glad I did. The sweet smell drifting through my house when these were in the oven was indescribable. It was all I could do to keep from digging right into these hot blondies like a mad woman in sugar shock, but I resisted and waited for them to cool…really I did (you know, I could have eaten some and you would have never known). These blondies turned out “wonderful” as the name of the peanut butter says and are definitely a keeper in my house. Family and friends gave them a big thumbs up. Give them a try and you’ll see what I mean.
A note about the drizzle on top – Even though I put shortening in the vanilla chips and peanut butter chips to help soften the drizzle when it set, it didn’t seem to work out quite like I had planned. I wanted to pretty them up for the pictures, but it just didn’t cling like I thought it would and the drizzle wanted to crack when cutting them. I tried a few that the drizzle had fallen off of and believe me, you really don’t need anything on top…they are fine just plain! It’s up to you whether you add the drizzle or not.
Yield: 24 blondies
- 1 cup White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter (by Peanut Butter & Co.)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer until well blended. Add both sugars, eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl; blend together well. Add to peanut butter mixture and stir until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes (or until completely cool).
- In small microwave bowl, microwave vanilla chips and 1 teaspoon shortening uncovered on High for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave another 10-15 seconds and stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle over top of blondies.
- In another small microwave bowl, microwave peanut butter chips and remaining 2 teaspoons shortening uncovered on High for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave another 10-15 seconds and stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle over top of vanilla chip drizzle.
- Let blondies stand about 15 minutes or until drizzle is set. Cut into 24 bars.
This post is linked to Cast Party Wednesday, Sweet Treats Thursday, Sweet Tooth Friday, I’m Lovin it Fridays, Sweet Indulgences Sunday; Country Momma Cooks Saturday, Mingle Monday, Crazy Sweet Tuesday
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.