Do you like pralines? How about popcorn? You’ve probably never thought of eating these at the same time, but hold on to your hats y’all. This new recipe combines both of these favorites into one scrumptious treat that’s irresistible for anyone who loves a sweet & salty combination.
Since there have been so many yummy popcorn recipes on Pinterest lately, I decided to come up with one of my own to add to the mix. A few years ago, I made a cake with a fabulous brown sugar glaze from the folks at Southern Living that tasted just like pralines and thought this glaze would be perfect to put on popcorn. Now…what else could I add? The pecan sticky bun granola (from Target) popped into my head…that’s it! Of course I had to have a few bites of the warm popcorn before mixing this up. Once this was spread out on the pan, I could hardly wait for it to cool. Oh my, this stuff is sooo good and hard to stay out of! I had to give some away before I consumed it all! Enjoy.
Yield: About 11 cups
- 8 cups popped butter flavor microwave popcorn
- 3 cups Archer Farms Pecan Sticky Bun Granola*
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine popcorn and granola in extra-large bowl; mix well.
- Cut butter into a few pieces and place in 3-quart saucepan. Melt over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir well with whisk. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and vanilla to pan. Gradually add powdered sugar and whisk until creamy. Remove from heat and pour over popcorn mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture on large cookie sheet with sides. Cool completely (at least 30 minutes). Store in airtight container.
*Some pieces of granola are in larger clumps and need to be broken up.
Brown sugar glaze from Southern Living
Welcome to Simply Southern Baking. I’m Robin, the girl behind the recipes wishing I had more time to spend in the kitchen!
Never miss out on a recipe or post. Enter your email to subscribe.