When you think of s’mores, do you have visions of sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows to put on a piece of chocolate and then quickly smush between graham crackers? Mmmm…I can taste them now! What do you do when you have a craving for s’mores and there’s no campfire around (or we’re in the heat of summer when you wouldn’t even think of starting a fire)? I’ve got the answer with these Chewy S’mores Blondies…a blondie and s’more all wrapped into one! Is your mouth watering yet?
Ever since I made my Cherry Vanilla Pop-Tart Cookies, I’ve been dreaming of more recipes using chopped Pop-Tarts (for the kid in all of us). When I saw S’mores Pop-Tarts on the shelf, I knew this would be one of my next Pop-Tart creations. Since I wanted a big s’mores taste in these blondies, I added chocolate chips, graham crackers and two kinds of Mallow Bits along with the Pop-Tarts. You get a double shot of s’mores in every yummy bite! Go ahead and make a pan of these chewy blondies today. Be prepared for them to disappear fast!
Yield: 24 blondies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 Frosted S’mores Pop-Tarts (2 foil packets from box), crusts removed, chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup vanilla Mallow Bits
- 3/4 cup chocolate Mallow Bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend well with wire whisk or fork.
- In large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla; beat on low to medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture while beating until well blended. Stir in Pop-Tarts, chocolate chips, graham crackers and Mallow Bits. Press dough in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 27 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown and set. Place pan on wire rack to cool completely (about 1 hours, 15 minutes). Cut into 24 bars.
This post is linked to I’m Lovin’ It Fridays, Simply Sweet Home Friday Favorites, Saturday Show & Tell, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Taste and Tell Thursdays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesdays, Whimsy Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, From the Farm