When you think of s’mores, do you have visions of sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows to put on a piece of chocolate and then quickly smush between graham crackers? Mmmm…I can taste them now! What do you do when you have a craving for s’mores and there’s no campfire around (or we’re in the heat of summer when you wouldn’t even think of starting a fire)? I’ve got the answer with these Chewy S’mores Blondies…a blondie and s’more all wrapped into one! Is your mouth watering yet?
Ever since I made my Cherry Vanilla Pop-Tart Cookies, I’ve been dreaming of more recipes using chopped Pop-Tarts (for the kid in all of us). When I saw S’mores Pop-Tarts on the shelf, I knew this would be one of my next Pop-Tart creations. Since I wanted a big s’mores taste in these blondies, I added chocolate chips, graham crackers and two kinds of Mallow Bits along with the Pop-Tarts. You get a double shot of s’mores in every yummy bite! Go ahead and make a pan of these chewy blondies today. Be prepared for them to disappear fast!
Yield: 24 blondies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 Frosted S’mores Pop-Tarts (2 foil packets from box), crusts removed, chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup vanilla Mallow Bits
- 3/4 cup chocolate Mallow Bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend well with wire whisk or fork.
- In large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla; beat on low to medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture while beating until well blended. Stir in Pop-Tarts, chocolate chips, graham crackers and Mallow Bits. Press dough in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 27 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown and set. Place pan on wire rack to cool completely (about 1 hours, 15 minutes). Cut into 24 bars.
This post is linked to I’m Lovin’ It Fridays, Simply Sweet Home Friday Favorites, Saturday Show & Tell, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Taste and Tell Thursdays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesdays, Whimsy Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, From the Farm
Welcome to Simply Southern Baking. I’m Robin, the girl behind the recipes wishing I had more time to spend in the kitchen!