A couple of weeks ago, I attended the Florida Blogger & Social Media Conference (FLBlogCon13) at Full Sail University with over 300 bloggers. There were bloggers from every niche – food, fashion, travel, fitness, theme park, beauty, lifestyle…the list goes on and on! It was good to catch up with my food blogging buddies (above) and make new friends. Photo taken by SNAP! Studio Booth.
We had a full day of fun, food and inspiration. There was so much packed into one day and so many great sessions that I didn’t want it to end. As there were 3 or 4 sessions going on at the same time throughout the day, it was hard to choose which ones to go to. I vote for a two-day conference next year with time to attend them all!
The opening keynote speaker was Pat Williams, best selling author and Senior Vice President of the Orlando Magic. He started off with the following quote: “When your greatest talent intersects with your greatest passion, you’ve found your sweet spot.” Yes!! He followed that by going over 10 foundational pieces that have to be there:
- Think the right kind of thoughts because what you think about all day long is eventually going to become reality.
- Say the right kind of words. What we speak has a way of becoming a reality in our life. Your words leave an imprint that will last forever.
- Be specific in goal setting. A clear cut definite goal is a powerful motivator. You need short, mid and long range goals, which need to be reviewed and revised constantly as necessary.
- You are responsible for your actions.
- Seek out the right kind of friends.
- Take your hurts, pain and disappointments and turn them into strengths. In the tough times, we do our greatest advancing. It’s a prime learning time.
- Go the extra mile. Do twice what’s expected of you. The two most important words are “what else.” Ask yourself, “what else” can I do and “what else” can I contribute.
- Never give up.
- Remember that character counts.
- Live your life by the faith phenomenon.
Wow! What inspirational words and the perfect way to get started with the conference theme of “Aiming for Awesome.” We knew it was going to be an amazing day already!
We were well fed all day!
Our closing keynote speaker was Pam Moore, CEO & Founder of Marketing Nutz. She’s so full of energy and gave us some mighty powerful nuggets too:
- Don’t fake it until you make it.
- Know who you are.
- We are the media.
- Stand behind your morals and what you’re passionate about.
- Embrace the journey.
- Don’t compare your 1st chapter to someone else’s 20th. (Hmmm…I think we’re all guilty of that at one time or another!)
- Listen more than you talk.
- Community rocks!
- There are no cookie cutters or fast tracks to get you anywhere! (Isn’t that the truth?)
Many thanks go out to the planning team (in blue shirts above), speakers, sponsors and everyone who had any part in pulling this all together…you guys totally rock!!! I can’t wait to see what you come up with for next year!
Welcome to Simply Southern Baking. I’m Robin, the girl behind the recipes wishing I had more time to spend in the kitchen!
Never miss out on a recipe or post. Enter your email to subscribe.