When there are homemade cookies in the house, do you find yourself going back to the cookie jar a few times before your sweet tooth is satisfied? Come on, admit it…I know you do. Well friends, with my new cookie creation you can have just one cookie instead…one that’s as big as your hand! How does that sound? You won’t need another one for at least a few hours. If you do, then you’ve got a bigger sweet tooth than me and that’s saying something!
These jumbo cookies have been on my mind to make ever since I saw cookies made in muffin top pans by my friend Jenny of Picky Palate. I’d been dreaming of making cookies with multiple kinds of chips in them and knew the muffin top pans would be perfect for this new recipe. There just had to be a little crunch in the mix; so I added the cereal and walnuts. Now I hadn’t had the Cracklin’ Oat Bran cereal in awhile and soon discovered it’s pretty good to snack on by itself (let’s just say the box wasn’t full when it was time to crush it up for the cookies). If you’ve ever had the dilemma of trying to make up your mind what kind of “chip” cookie you want, the problem is solved with this 4-in-1 jumbo cookie.
Another thought just now popped into my head. How about putting a warm cookie on a plate and top it with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge? Oh my! What an over the top treat this would make…something to keep in mind for next time. You can also wrap up one or two of these cookies in a cellophane bag to give to teachers, neighbors or friends for any occasion or “just because.” It’s sure to bring smiles. Happy Baking!
Here’s the cookie dough in the muffin top pan, my scoop of dough (a “heaping” 1/4 cup) and one jumbo cookie in my hand (see, I told you it was big!). Photos were all taken with my phone.
Yield: 17 jumbo cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup crushed Cracklin’ Oat Bran Cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6-count muffin top pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and sea salt; blend well with wire whisk or fork.
- In large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla; beat on low to medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture while beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips, cereal and walnuts.
- Place heaping 1/4 heaping cup of dough into muffin top cups.* Press down to evenly to fill muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack. Can be served warm or cooled completely.
*I use a spring-handled 1/4 cup scoop to drop these cookies.