This recipe is for all you sweet and salty fans out there. After seeing my friend Lauren’s Ruffles Marshmallow Krispie Treats last month, I started thinking of creating my own version of these treats with my favorite sweet potato chips from Trader Joe’s. Since I wanted to put a different twist on this with a little more sweetness, I thought something crunchy with cinnamon might be just the right touch. That’s where the cereal came into play. You can bet it was hard to wait for these to firm up before digging in. Sweet, salty, crunchy and cinnamony. Yummm! Go ahead and add the ingredients for these Sweet Potato Chip Cinnamon Crunch Krispie Treats to your grocery shopping list. Enjoy!
Since we’re talking sweet potato chips, check out my recipe for Sweet Potato-Cinnamon Chip Toffee Cookies. It’s another easy recipe using crushed sweet potato chips.
Yield: 24 squares
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups crushed ridge cut sweet potato chips*
- 3 cups crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal*
- Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Continue stirring until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon; stir. Add crushed sweet potato chips and cereal; stir until well coated.
- Using a large buttered spoon or spatula, spread and press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Cool completely. Cut into squares.
*Crush sweet potato chips and cereal before measuring. I used one bag of chips plus part of another bag.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.