A special beverage combo that can be served for any occasion.
Don’t put away that lemonade yet! Fall is not “officially” here for a couple more weeks.
Yes, I know, a lot of you probably only drink lemonade during the hot summer months; however, here in the south (especially where I’m from), we could drink it all year long just like we do our sweet iced tea.
Some of you may have had an “Arnold Palmer” before, which is half tea and half lemonade….BUT, I’ve got a new version that might have you heading to the store right away.
On a whim, I mixed up some Crystal Light Lemon Tea I had in the refrigerator along with some strawberry lemonade I’d bought on sale. Yes, yes, yes!!! This new combo is soooo good y’all. You get a double punch of lemon from the tea and lemonade along with the added strawberry taste. Mmmmm!
Since there are only two ingredients in equal amounts, you can make as little or as much as you want. Here are a few ideas:
- Only want one serving? No problem. Pour 1/2 cup of each in a glass, stir and add ice.
- Going to a potluck? Double the recipe and you’ve got a gallon….just put in a clean empty gallon milk jug and you’re ready to go.
- How about a bridal shower? Pour equal amounts of chilled strawberry lemonade and tea in a punch bowl; stir. You can even make an ice ring with strawberries and sliced lemons to float in the bowl. Serve in punch cups.
- Keep strawberry lemonade and lemon tea on hand and you’ll have a pitcher ready in no time flat for unexpected guests.
- Don’t want your drink watered down with ice? Pour some of the mixture in ice trays and you’ve got strawberry lemonade tea ice cubes!
- Make it caffeine free by using Crystal Light Decaf Lemon Tea (that’s me….have to have the unleaded version).
You may make your own lemon tea, but we drink Crystal Light all the time and that’s what I used (it does make it just tiny bit healthier….wink, wink!).
I like to chill the lemonade and tea first before mixing together.
Yield: Makes 2 quarts
- 4 cups strawberry lemonade
- 4 cups prepared Crystal Light Lemon Tea*
- Combine lemonade and tea in 2 quart pitcher; stir.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice.
*I used a pitcher pack which makes 2 quarts of tea and measured out 4 cups.
Strawberry lemonade and tea can be chilled ahead of time and combined just before serving.
I’m Robin, the southern girl behind this site who wishes there were more hours in the day!
Looking for something?
Subscribe via Email
Don't miss a recipe or post. Sign up to receive updates by email.